Tuesday 23 July 2013

HIGH TEA

I love high tea and London was just perfect for it, so many beautiful places to try out

I have decided to add a new chapter to my family cooking book for high tea recipes

I got inspired by my mother's in law latest present. She gave us a family silver tea set and I got so excited and promised to organize every year mother's day high tea for her and my mum

Tea set and my first recipe below


Little victoria sponges are made at home usually only for Xmas or Easter I love them the best with fresh wild strawberries
but since we moved to Oz I can't buy them here so I use just fresh berries.
However there is a hope as I have brought with me some wild strawberries seeds and I am trying to grow them in my little garden so hopefully will get some soon:)


2 large free range eggs,
4oz self raising flour,
4oz caster sugar,
4oz salted butter,
1/2tsp baking powder
1tsp vanilla extract,
1/2 cup double cream for filling
fresh raspberries/strawberries/blueberries
icing sugar (for dusting).


Bake for 20 mins

When chilled, cut in the middle, fill with cream and fresh berries, some icing sugar and ready to eat:)


No comments:

Post a Comment